How to sideload TVGeek Media Center on the Amazon Fire TV & Stick using Downloader
This guide will walk you through the steps of installing (a.k.a. sideloading) TVGeek Media Center app onto an Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick. This guide uses AFTVnews.com app, called Downloader, which is available for free from the Amazon Appstore.
You do not need a computer, an external drive, a keyboard, ADB, or anything else to follow this guide. All you need is your Fire TV remote and about a minute of your time. This is currently the quickest way to sideload apps on the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, and is easier than using ES File Explorer.
- Be sure you have “Apps from Unknown Sources” turned on.For the new Fire TV interface, this is under
Settings > Device > Developer Options
For the old Fire TV interface, this is under
Settings > System > Developer Options
- Install Downloader from Amazon’s Appstore onto your device. You can find it by simply searching for “Downloader” on your device.
- Launch Downloader and enter the URL of the APK file you want to install.
For TVGeek Media Center – over Android 5.0, use the short URL: http://bit.ly/2AQntLO
- Select the “Download” button and wait for the APK file to download.
- Once the file finishes downloading, it will automatically ask to be installed. Press down a few times on your remote to select the “Install” button at the bottom right of the screen.
- When prompted, Click on the “Open” button.
- Navigate to the “Programs” menu.
- Select “Program add-ons”.
- Select “TVGeek License“.
- The license key is only for customers who want to install the software on their own devices.
- When prompted, type in your TVGeek License Key and click the “Done” button.
- Select the “TVGeek Build” to start downloading and installing.
- When prompted, follow the instructions on the screen to complete install.